Bill is a mediator, business litigator and the co-founder and managing shareholder of Gunster Yoakley's Jacksonville office.
While Bill's mediation practice focuses on business disputes, he is often called to help with other kinds of matters that are complex or "out-of-the-ordinary." Bill's approach to mediation is simple: prepare well, challenge everyone's assumptions, and never, ever quit. Bill is the only mediator in north Florida selected to Florida Trend's Legal Elite arbitration and mediation list. Bill proudly serves on the American Arbitration Association’s arbitration and mediation panels.
Bill is also a well-known commercial litigator and is routinely voted to Best Lawyers of America, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, and Super Lawyers by his peers. Bill has represented clients in courts from coast-to-coast and in all major arbitral forums. Bill has a particular expertise in eDiscovery, is a Certified eDiscovery Specialist and serves as chair of Gunster's eDiscovery task force.
Bill is a member of the Jacksonville Civic Council, serves on the Downtown Investment Authority and the Leadership Council for the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, and is a member of Leadership Florida and Leadership Jacksonville.
In his spare time, Bill owns and operates First Coast CrossFit, restores vintage cars, and tries to embarrass his children in front of their friends as much as possible.
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
- Order of the Coif
- Southern Methodist University Law Review
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1993
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida Bar, 2001
- Texas Bar, 1996
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court
- Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers® in America, Commercial Litigation, 2019-21
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009, 2012-20
- Florida Trend, "Legal Elite," 2008-12, 2015, 2018-20
- Florida Trend, "Up and Coming Legal Elite," 2006
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009